Google Books Index- Louisiana
Following is a listing of full-view texts of genealogical interest from Google Book Search. This includes county and local histories, biographical albums, almanacs, gazettes and directories, and publications from historical and genealogical societies.
State and Local Histories
- Louisiana: A Guide to the State. 1945.
- Louisiana; Its Colonial History and Romance. 1852.
- A History of Louisiana. 1900.
- Stories from Louisiana History. 1905.
- Louisiana: a Sketch in Outline of Its Past and Present. 1897.
- Historical Collections of Louisiana. 1853.
- Mississippi Valley Beginnings. 1922.
- New Orleans. 1896.
- Standard History of New Orleans, Louisiana. 1900.
- The Choctaw of Bayou Lacomb, St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana. 1909.
Military and Regimental Histories
- Anniversary of the Delta Rifles, 4th Louisiana Regiment. 1887.
Directories, Gazettes and Almanacs
- A Description of Louisiana. 1880.
- The Picayune's Guide to New Orleans. 1903.
- Norman's New Orleans and Environs. 1845.
- New Orleans Guide. 1893.
- Manual of the City of New Orleans. 1903.
Memoirs and Reminiscences
- Autobiographical Sketches and Recollections. 1863.
- The Manhattaner in New Orleans. 1851.
- The Journal of Julia Le Grand, New Orleans 1862-1863. 1911.
- The Diary of a Samaritan. 1860.
- New Orleans as I Found it. 1845.
- Social Life in Old New Orleans. 1911.
- Travels Through that Part of North America Formerly Called Louisiana. 1799.
- Historical Memoirs of Louisiana. 1853.
- Strange True Stories of Louisiana. 1889.
Journals and Society Publications
- Publications of the Louisiana Historical Society. 1915.
- Publications of the Louisiana Historical Society, New Orleans. 1916.
- The Louisiana Historical Quarterly. 1920.
Reference and Bibliography
- Index to a collection of Americana: (relating principally to Louisiana). 1912.
Vital Records and Transcriptions
- General Index of All Successions, Emancipations, Interdictions and Partition Proceedings, Parish of Orleans (31 Aug 1894 - 01 Jan 1902). 1902.
Culture and Religion
- Creole Families of New Orleans. 1921.
- Notes Gathered from the Archives of the Cathedral Church of St. Louis. 1908.
- The Settlement of the German Coast of Louisiana and the Creoles of German Descent. 1909.